The following are my predictions:
- The Palin vs Biden debate will be the most watched debate in American television history.
- Neither candidate will do or say anything particularly obtuse.
- The pundits will all marvel that Palin "held her own" because she did not spontaneously combust on stage.
- The Democrats will say that Biden "obviously" won on points.
- The Republicans will scream that Biden made "HUGE" gaffes in regards to any tiny gap in logic or information.
- If Palin flubbed an answer or two, the GOP will blame Gwen Ifil and her "biased gotcha'" questioning.
- The story line on Friday will be that Sarah Palin not only survived, but restored confidence to the faithful.
Of course, all bets after prediction #1 are off if either candidate makes a particularly nasty mistake. Also there is still time for the Palin Campaign to find a reason to cancel. (Security concerns, family medical crisis, a hole in a pipeline, etc...)